The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
It’s so hard to talk when you want to kill yourself. That’s above and beyond everything else, and it’s not a mental complaint - it’s a physical thing, like it’s physically hard to open your mouth and make the words come out. They don’t come out smooth and in conjunction with your brain the way normal people’s words do; they come out in chunks as if from a crushed-ice dispenser; you stumble on them as they gather behind your lower lip. So you just keep quiet.
Categorization of People
- Stereotype: categorization based on some sort of similar characteristic, such as a physical appearance, religion, or belief.
- Prejudice: prejudging. Typically a negative attitude about an individual’s membership in a group.
- Discrimination: negative behavior. Actually acting upon one’s beliefs about another individual on the basis of membership in a group.
Effects of Racism
- Economic: keep demands for higher wages & better working conditions down.
- Social: segregation, leading to ignorance between groups of people.
- Political: fragmentation, which leads to the impairment of acting in unison for the better good.
- Personal: ignorance & fear leads to limitations in personal choice & personal choice.
*Full Article Here.
Female Hysteria - Hysteria was a common diagnosis for feisty and disobedient women, dating back to Ancient Greece. Greek philosophers, including Hippocrates and Plato, viewed the womb as a living creature that wandered through a woman’s body, often causing disease. In fact, the word “hysteria” is derived from the Greek word for uterus (hysteria). The most common prescriptions for hysteria were, of course, sex and masturbation, sometimes performed by the doctor himself, until the patient experienced “hysterical paroxysm” (orgasm).
Homosexuality - Many forget that homosexuality was, and is still, considered a mental disorder by many. The American Psychiatric Association did not declassify homosexuality as a mental illness until 1973. Gays were considered mentally ill in China until 2001, after 5 years of intensive study by the Chinese Society of Psychiatry. In many countries around the world, gays are still considered insane and immoral, facing punishment, ostracism and even death.
Drapetomania - Drapetomania was a purported mental illness that caused black slaves to flee captivity, described by American doctor Samuel Cartwright, in 1851. According to Cartwright, the illness resulted from masters who “made themselves too familiar with [slaves], treating them as equals” and prescribed “whipping the devil out of them” as a “preventative measure.”
*Read the full article here.
David Fincher’s ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ Official Trailer
This trailer is so A+
Anonymous asked: don't ignore the fact that you miscatigorized non-24hour sleep syndrome. You should really do your research before you make your posts
I did not write that, this website did, you would know that if you looked at my source. And I didn’t ignore anything, that’s something I honestly didn’t know, so thank you for pointing it out.
However, your sassy-ness is not appreciated, this is my blog and I can post whatever I want.