Categorization of People
- Stereotype: categorization based on some sort of similar characteristic, such as a physical appearance, religion, or belief.
- Prejudice: prejudging. Typically a negative attitude about an individual’s membership in a group.
- Discrimination: negative behavior. Actually acting upon one’s beliefs about another individual on the basis of membership in a group.
Effects of Racism
- Economic: keep demands for higher wages & better working conditions down.
- Social: segregation, leading to ignorance between groups of people.
- Political: fragmentation, which leads to the impairment of acting in unison for the better good.
- Personal: ignorance & fear leads to limitations in personal choice & personal choice.
*Full Article Here.